updated: Jan. 20, 2012, 10:34 a.m.
During the application period students who were not able to obtain an acceptable score on one of the international English language competency examinations (TOEFL, TWE, and IELTS) can take the BİLGİ Institutional Exemption Test (BIET) upon arrival. Those who fail the proficiency test must take an intensive English course in the English Language program of the university before beginning their academic studies. This preparatory year is not included in the total number of years of study required for graduation.
In addition, if you have taken the YÖS exam (International Student Examination) , and if you have passed the exam with minimum 40 points in 2010, you can apply with your examination result for the academic year 2011-2012. (This exam will no more be taken, but the results has the validity for 2 years, so your past result in 2010, will be valid for the academic year 2011-2012)
If you could not take the YÖS Exam for any reason or does not score the required points on the Basic Learning Skills portion of the examination you may submit one of the following for admission:
* SAT 1 (Scholastic Aptitude Test) with a minimum of 1000 points
* ACT (National College Admission Examination) with a minimum of 21 points
* International Baccalaureate (IB)
* GCE A Level Certificate with a minimum of 2 courses
* French Baccalaureate
* Tawjihi Examination Held in Jordan and Palestine with a minimum of 70 points
* Baccalaureate Examination held in Lebonan with a 50 points
* Al Shahada-Al Thanawiyya (Baccalaureate) Examination held in Syria with a minimum 170 points in sciencetifc stream and 25 points in language
* Gaokao held in The People's Republic of China with a minimum of 450 points.
* Diploma Debirestan with a minimum of 15/20 points and Pisdanesgahi with minimum of 15/20 points held in Iran
Tuition fees for undergraduate programs are 7,500 USD per academic year. The fee tuition for Engineering and Architecture departments is $9,000.
A limited number of competitive tuition-only scholarships are offered on a semester basis, for students with high grade point averages (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0). Scholarships are restricted to students who have completed at least one year of study at BİLGİ. Textbooks grants are granted by the Scholarship Committee to students who show the greatest financial need.
The Evaluation Process
The evaluation is made by the faculty and university administrative board.
The result announcement Dates
The result announcements are made in September.