revised: April 3, 2013, 5:19 p.m.
The aim of the Computer Engineering (BİLGİ-University of Liverpool Double Degree) Program is to provide students with the necessary skills and qualifications to have a breadth of knowledge in Computer Science and Engineering and a depth of applied skills to specialize in one or more particular areas, such as computer networks, distributed systems, operating systems, algorithm analysis and programming languages.
This program aims to equip students with the following:
- A general breadth of understanding and a depth of knowledge in core computer science and engineering concepts, principles, and theories,
- An up-to-date engineering skill set gained through applied training on multiple dimensions,
- An understanding of recent, current and upcoming trends and related applications in computer science and engineering,
- An acknowledgement of the necessary design steps involved in making complex computer systems and a practical understanding of the skills necessary to analyze existing systems,
- A thorough understanding of the theory and practice underlying the specifications and implementation of complex computer systems and the skills to evaluate them,
- A practical knowledge of tools and techniques to design innovative solutions from requirement specifications,
- An understanding of the ethical issues involved with the use of computer science and engineering-related technologies, and a clear desire to strive for the best practices,
- An ability to work as a team member with the ability to take various roles required by dynamic teams in computer system design and development.
In accordance with the collaboration between İstanbul Bilgi University and University of Liverpool, Computer Engineering (BİLGİ-University of Liverpool / Dual Degree) Program students will spend the first three years of their undergraduate program at İstanbul Bilgi University, and will complete their last year of education at the University of Liverpool in the UK.
Please click for detailed information about the University of Liverpool Dual Degree Programs.