Yardımcı Doçent Doktor
Mühendislik ve Doğa Bilimleri Fakültesi / Bilgisayar Mühendisliği Bölümü
- 2012, PhD, Computer Engineering, Yildiz Teknik University
- 1995, MSc, Computing Software and System Design , University of Newcastle
- 1993, BSc, Computer Science, University of Pisa
- 2004-present, Instructor, Istanbul Bilgi University, Dept. of Computer Eng.
- 2003-2004, Instructor, Yeditepe University, Dept. of Business Administration and Economics
- 1998-2002, Computer Manager and Vice-director, Italian Chamber of Trading, Istanbul, TR
- 1997-1998, Instructor, Yeditepe University, Dept. of Business Administration and Economics
- 1993-1994, Business Manager, Gruppo DATAMAT, IT
- The MSc was supported by a scholarship made available by the University of Pisa. Only one such scholarship per year is awarded.
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine Learning
- E. Battini Sönmez, A. Cangelosi, "Convolutional Neural Networks with Balanced Batches for Facial Expressions Recognition", 9th Int. Conference Machine Vision (ICMV), 18-20 November 2016, Nice, France.
- E. Battini Sönmez, A. Cangelosi, "Trust in Human Robot Interaction via Embodiment of Emotions", 3th Int. Symposyum Brain and Cognitive Science (ISBCS), 8 May 2016, Istanbul, TR.
- E. Battini Sönmez, S. Albayrak, "A facial component-based system for emotion classification", Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, 2016, 24(3): 1663-1673.
- M. Aktaş, E. Battini Sönmez, "Video-based Turkish Sign Language Recognition Systems", V ECCOMAS Thematic Conferences on Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing (VipImage 2015), 19-21 October 2015, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.
- A. Memiş, S. Albayrak, E. Battini Sönmez, “An Iris Recognition System Based on AngularRadial Partitioning and Statistical Texture Analysis with Sum & Difference Histogram”, 2-nd Int. Symposium on Computing in Informatics and Mathematics (ISCIM 213), 26-28 September 2013, Tirana, Albania
- E. Battini Sönmez “Robust Classification based on Sparsity”, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, ISBN: 978-3-659-40066-7, 2013,
- E. Battini Sönmez and S. Albayrak, “A Study on the Critical Parameters of the Sparse Representation based Classifier”, IET Computer Vision Journal, 2013.
- E. Battini Sönmez, B. Sankur, S. Albayrak, “Classification with Emotional Faces via a Robust Sparse Classifier”, 3-th International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IPTA2012), 15-18 October 2012, Istanbul, Turkey. Best paper award.
- E. Battini Sönmez, B. Sankur, S. Albayrak, “Face Classification via Sparse Approximations” (original title: Seyrek Yaklaşımlar ile Yüz Sınıflama), Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU2011), 20-22 April 2011, Hacettepe, University, Kemer, Antalya, TR.
- E. Battini Sönmez, B. Sankur, S. Albayrak, “Face Classification via Sparse Approximations”, Biometrics and Identity Management Conference (BioID2011), 8-10 March 2011, Brandenburg, University of Applied Sciences, Brandenburg, Germany. LNCS 6583, pg. 168.
- E. Battini Sönmez, B. Sankur, S. Albayrak, “Biometric Face Recognition Using Random faces” (original title: Rasgele Vektörlerle Biyometrik Yüz Tanıma), Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU2010), 21-23 April 2010, Dicle University, Diyarbakır, TR.
- E. Battini Sönmez, O. Ozbek, N.O. Ozbek, “A Multimodal Biometric System Based on Wavelets Transformation” (original title: Dalgacık Dönüsümüne Dayalı Çoklu Model Biyometrik Sistem), Akademik Bilişim, 30 January-1 February 2008, Çanakkale TR.
Ofis: 212 311 54 34
Adres: Eski Silahtarağa Elektrik Santralı
Kazım Karabekir Cad. No: 2/13