Faculty Member, PhD
Neşenur Altıniğne Ekici
+90 212 311 5503
Santralistanbul / L1-218
|ISTANBUL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY/ Faculty of Management|
Ph.D. in Marketing
Ph.D. Thesis: "An Examination of Factors Affecting E-Retailer Revisit Intention: An Experimental Study on Individual-related and Relational Causes”
Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Elif Karaosmanoglu
|Feb. 2013 February – 2018 January|
Principles of Marketing
New Product Development
Experiencing Business in Society II
Areas of Interest
- Technology and consumer interactions, online retailing, online consumer behavior;
- Corporate image, corporate social responsibility, and consumer ethics;
- Brand relationships and consumers’ reactions to product-harm or firm crisis;
- Consumer mindsets, consumer decision-making process.
Rewards and Achievements
- French Embassy Young Visiting Researcher Fellowship, November –December 2019 (SKEMA Business School, Nice, France).
- Istanbul Technical University, Best Ph.D. Dissertation Award of 2018, June 2019.
- TUAD-Turkish Researchers’ Association Best Paper Award, April 2019.
- 1st EMAC Junior Faculty and Doctoral Student Research Camp Student, Vienna (24 participants from all over the world selected based on proposals submitted to the Research Camp Faculty Group), September 2016.
- Istanbul Bilgi University RDI (Research, Development and Innovation) Project Grant “ARCERA: Autonomous Robot for Customer Engagement in Retail Atmosphere”, November 2020-Present (Researcher).
- TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), SOBAG Project Grant, Investigation of the relationships among consumption habits, vulnerability in access to resources, and self-regulation in consumption during the COVID-19 precautions: Understanding the effect of psychological well-being, individual resilience, social capital, and prosocial behaviors and developing policy recommendations, May 2020-December 2020 (Researcher).
- Istanbul Bilgi University BAP (Scientific Research Project) Grant, The Role of Robots in Service Recovery, March 2020-December 2021 (Researcher).
- Istanbul Bilgi University BAP (Scientific Research Project) Grant, Eat, Wear, Live: The Relationship Between Food Consumption and Clothing Style, November 2018- November 2020 (Director).
- Istanbul Technical University BAP (Scientific Research Project) Grant, Whether Responses to Ethical Corporate Identity Positioning or Non-Positioning Differ on the Basis of Corporate Social Responsibility and Core Business Fit: Results on Customer Extra Role Behavior, 2014-2016 (Researcher).
EMAC (European Marketing Academy) - National Representative for Turkey (2022-2025)
AMA (American Marketing Association)
ACR (Association of Consumer Research)
SCP (Society for Consumer Psychology)
AMS (Academy of Marketing Science)
PPAD (Pazarlama ve Pazarlama araştırmaları Derneği)