Library and e-Resources
BİLGİ libraries directly contribute to education and research processes with the rich collection they have.
The library collection enriched with the resource recommendations by the faculty members and students hosts more than 170,000 printed books, 62,500 e-journals, 500,000 e-books, 125 databases and e-encyclopedias. E-resources are available at any time of the day through on and off-campus access.
3 libraries and 15 study halls, places for individual and group working as well as IT corners of BİLGİ Libraries offer a comfortable place to study, research and reading.
BİLGİ libraries devote their efforts in research activities in continuous cooperation with academic units, through qualified printed and electronic publications, modern spaces of study, qualified personnel, up-to-date information technologies.
The following applications and services related to research are offered within the scope of academic communication librarianship:
- Through Open Access System, academic works produced in the university such as books, articles, papers, theses, technical reports, photographs, maps, preprints, data sets, images, audio and video files are compiled and edited in accordance with the international standards and provided open-access electronically. For further information click here.
- BİLGİ Libraries follow the developments in national and international literature on topics such as open science, open data and management of research data and provide support to researchers on these issues.
- Books, journals, articles and other resources that are not available in BİLGİ Libraries’ collection are purchased and added to the collection in order to support research from home or abroad. Click here for further information.
- Inter-library loan (ILL) services are provided at national and international level. For further information click here.
- “Proofreading” service is provided in order to support the scholarly publications of faculty members. In this context, for publications in English, services such as spelling, grammar, technical terminology usage and consistency, content check; corrections in terms of style, clarity and readability; and checking of proper use of graphics and tables are provided.
- ORCID is a digital identifier number that allows solving problems created by name similarities, accessing articles faster, making publications and project applications processes easier, combining research and studies and creating automatic links among studies. Istanbul Bilgi University is a corporate member of ORCID and the Library is conducting studies for ORCID. For further information click here.
- Other facilities that BİLGİ libraries offer to researchers include seminars with effective research methods and strategies to ensure easy and fast access to academic knowledge. These seminars offer detailed information about library use and membership, off-campus access, use of electronic resources, borrowing e-books, automatic notification, creating your own library, scholarly writing tools, information management and research methods. For further information about the seminars click here.
- Bibliometric studies are conducted on the analysis of scientific outputs, using indexes such as WOS and SCOPUS. In addition, author workshops are organized on topics such as scholarly article preparation, effective writing, journal selection and ways to publish articles in high- impact indexed journals and effective management of the publishing process.
- “Scientific Incentive Award” is granted for scientific publications such as books, book editorials, book chapters and articles published by faculty members and academic incentive is offered under the Directive on Individual Research Fund. Checking publications from national and international indexes within the scope of this directive and keeping their records are carried out by BİLGİ Libraries.
Click here to visit BİLGİ Libraries ' website.