İstanbul Bilgi University, Faculty of Law is looking for team members for the 29th Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot!
The Purpose of Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (“Vis Moot”) is to support the study of the students on international commercial law and arbitration. Accordingly, Vis Moot is organized for the resolution of international business disputes through application of the CISG and international commercial arbitration to a concrete problem. The language of Vis Moot is English and competition has two stages. In the first stage, the teams analyze the Vis Moot problem and write memoranda for claimant and respondent. The second stage is the pleading of oral arguments based on the memoranda at the general rounds, which are held in March-April.
Trivia about the Vis Moot
- The Vis Moot is one of the largest and the most prestigious moot competitions.
- There is a sister moot to the Vis Moot: The Vis Moot (East).
- Great opportunity for networking with students, professors, lawyers, and legal practitioners from all around the globe.
- Prestigious reference for future studies and job applications.
- Unique experience of lawyering.
- 385 teams from 80 jurisdictions with 1,100 arbitrators and 2,500+ students participated in the 28th Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot
İstanbul Bilgi University, Faculty of Law has participated in the Vis Moot for the last 10 years.
This year, we are once again looking forward to meeting students who are interested in participating in this unique adventure during an introduction meeting to take place over Zoom, on May 10, 2021, at 12.00.
- If you are interested, please fill in the following form by May 9, 2021: https://forms.gle/vJKGYrdR4WWw8gMw5
- If you have any further questions, send an email to email@example.com
- The Willem C. Vis Moot official website
- The Vis Moot (East) official website
- İstanbul Bilgi University, Faculty of Law, Vis Moot website: https://cisg.bilgi.edu.tr/en/