Paid Traineeship Opportunity at EU Institutions for BİLGİ Graduates
The Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme (the Pan-European Seal) is a paid traineeship program which is promoted in partnership by two of the world’s largest IP offices, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the European Patent Office (EPO) together with their strategic university partners.
The program covering IP issues such as patents, trademarks and designs,has been considered as EUIPO and EPO’s commitment to social responsibility and it aims to train experts in the field of intellectual property by offering paid traineeships every year, administered by both Offices.
The successful applicants will have the opportunity to do a one year-long traineeship starting in September. They will be provided with a monthly grant as well as other benefits such as on-the-job coaching by staff and online training. Training will take place at the EUIPO (Alicante, Spain) or the EPO (Munich, Germany).
The EUIPO and the EPO will organize supporting training activities and lectures for the trainees of both organizations. Lectures will be provided by EUIPO and EPO staff, representatives of the private sector, as well as invited academics from the members of the Pan-European Seal. According to each Offices’ topics of interest, academic research, both regarding master and PhD thesis, as well as the publication of papers and other materials will be encouraged by the EUIPO and the EPO.
İstanbul Bilgi University has been invited and approved as a member of the Pan-European Seal Traineeship Programme through the Intellectual Property Law Research Center (BILFIM).
The Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme is offered to all alumni of İstanbul Bilgi University undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. programs. (The students who are going to graduate in June may also apply.) European Patent Office especially encourages the application of students and graduates of engineering schools.
More information about the Pan-European Seal Programme can be found here.
For the OHIM (ADM 14-15) (OHIM is the former name of EUIPO) decision establishing Pan-European Seal Programme, which also includes terms and conditions with regard to the program, please click here.
Ideal Profile of the Pan-European Seal Trainee
• National from an EUIPO and/or EPO member state. A limited number of trainees may be selected from third countries.
• Having an undergraduate or graduate degree in academic areas such as law, engineering, and management.
• Candidates for EUIPO must complete, with certificate, at least one of the following online courses (the completion of modules is not enough): ‘EUTM in a Nutshell’ or ‘RCD in a Nutshell’, which are available on EUIPO Academy Learning Portal. (The candidates may complete more courses than the required number.)
To complete the abovementioned courses, candidates must create an account as a PES user and log in to EUIPO Academy Learning Portal (EALP).
• Present (as a minimum) a certified B1 level (Common European Framework of Reference for languages) in one of the five working languages of the EUIPO (DE, EN, FR, IT, or ES) or in one of the three working languages of the EPO (EN, FR and DE).
• Participation in international programmes such as Erasmus will have a favourable effect.
• Having customer service, organizational and prioritization skills; communication skills; capacity to analyze problems and find appropriate solutions; ability to work independently as well as part of a team; responsibility, professionalism, flexibility and self-initiative.
• EUIPO applicants are required to indicate their preferences as regards the different traineeship profiles which are listed below. However, the EUIPO is in no case bound by the preferences indicated, thus selected candidates may be offered any other position related to their profile different from the ones indicated in their application. The traineeship profiles are as follows.
- 1) Law
- 2) IP Law
- 3) IP & Knowledge Management
- 4) Political Sciences & International Relations
- 5) Linguistics
- 6) Economics & Business Administration/Entrepreneurship
- 7) Information Technology
- Data Analysis
- IT Security
- Business Analysis
- Software Engineer
- Customer Service Solutions
- Process Automation
- Artificial Intelligence
- 8) Communication &Visual Design
- 9) Facility management
- Civil Engineering
- Logistic Management
- 10) Human Resources
An interview will be held with the eligible candidates on Monday, February 27, 2023. Candidates will be informed about the interview time and place by e-mail.
Candidates who are interested in the program should send the below listed documents (in English, German or French) until February 25, 2023 at the latest to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs must be in Europass Word format. Please attach your photo and write your phone number as well as an e-mail address that you actively use. For the Europass CV format, please click.)
- A cover letter (600-1000 words) including the statement of your purpose, the institution that you prefer to work with and for EUIPO applicants, the preferred trainee profile.
- Undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate school and/or PhD diploma (at least one of the diplomas most be received from İstanbul Bilgi University. The senior students can provide their transcripts.)
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate programs.
- Certificates proving that you have successfully completed the above listed online courses offered by the EUIPO.
- Information regarding the level of your language proficiency and certificates if you have any. (You are not required to provide an exam result such as TOEFL or IELTS.)
For detailed information, please see the attached documents and visit the Pan European Seal webpage.