ASU-Cintana Summer Experience Sustainable and Innovative Solutions
Join students from around the world at Arizona State University (ASU), the largest public university in the U.S. for two weeks filled with interactive workshops, inspirational lectures, hands-on activities and immersive experiences focused on building sustainable and innovative solutions for the world’s toughest challenges.
This non-credit program is designed for undergraduate students at ASU-Cintana partner institutions who are interested in experiencing life as students at the most innovative school in the United States.
The program will be led by ASU Global Launch, a pioneer in English language education and the development of academic skills for international students going to university. By participating in the program, you can enhance your intercultural competence, global awareness and network. You can also increase your language skills for future academic and career success at workshops presented in English. Participants who complete the program will receive a certificate of completion from Arizona State University.
Deadline for Application: May 15, 2023
About the Program
Through participation in this program, you will:
- Identify the principles of thinking innovatively through case studies and discussion
- Experience how ASU has implemented innovative solutions to issues to do with sustainability
- Hear ASU faculty and guest lecturers present on the topics of sustainability and innovation
- Research, develop and present an innovative solution to a sustainability issue in one of the participants’ home countries in collaborative small groups in English to a panel of judges
- Experience ASU’s campuses and culture
- Discover the culture and people of the American Southwest region through day tours
ASU-Cintana Summer Experience Sustainable and Innovative Solutions program will be held at ASU's campuses in Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix, the fifth- largest city in the United States, is known for being a diverse, fast growing and welcoming city in the Southwest.
Housing and Meals:
Undergraduate participants, ages 17-23, will live in an ASU dormitory (shared accommodation) during their stay and have three meals per day included at one of ASU’s many dining venues. Participants who wish to arrive in the United States earlier than the ASU housing check-in date must make their own accommodation arrangements and cannot have early access to the ASU housing facilities. Similarly participants who wish to travel in the United States beyond the last day of the program must also arrange for their own accommodation after the ASU housing check-out date.
This program is for undergraduate, non-F1 visa, partner university students visiting the U.S. as tourists. Participants in this program will secure their own B1/B2 (tourist) visa prior to travel.
Student Insurance and ASU’s Health Clinic:
The American health insurance system is much different than in many parts of the world. During their stay at ASU, participants will be enrolled in Global Launch’s health insurance which allows for visits to the ASU Health Clinic as well as other health providers, such as emergency hospitalization.
Program Dates and Fee:
2 Week Program
June 18 – July 1, 2023
Tuition fee: $2900
Included in the price:
- Housing in ASU residence halls (shared)
- 3 meals per day
- Transportation to and from the Sky Harbor Airport to ASU Housing
- Transportation to and from Program-scheduled off-campus events
- A tour of and transportation to and from the Grand Canyon
- Welcome and graduation events
- Certificate of Completion
- Health insurance
- ASU Sun Card
- Academic and cultural programming with faculty and staff support, both on campus and in the local community
The price does not include flights or visa related and other personal expenses.
To apply for ASU-Cintana Summer Experience Sustainable and Innovative Solutions or for questions about the program, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.