Applications for History, Theory and Criticism in Architecture (with Thesis) Graduate Program have started
● Undergraduate Education and Diploma: Applicants must have completed studies and
obtained a diploma in the following fields: Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Design,
Urban and Regional Planning, Industrial Design or related departments of design faculties.
● ALES (GRE/GMAT) Score: Applicants must submit a score document that demonstrates their
performance on one of the following qualifying exams: ALES, GRE, or GMAT. The minimum
score required is 55 for ALES, 610 for GRE or 450 for GMAT.
● Foreign Language Proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by
submitting the results of an approved language proficiency test. Acceptable exams and
minimum scores are YDS/ÜDS/KPDS/YÖKDİL (minimum score 60), TOEFL IBT (minimum score
75), TOEFL CBT (minimum score 155) or TOEFL PBT (minimum score 470). Alternatively,
applicants who do not have these test results can take the English Proficiency Test of İstanbul
Bilgi University, BİLET 3. Applicants must achieve a minimum score of 70 on BİLET 3.
● Transcript: Applicants must provide an undergraduate transcript to showcase their academic
achievement during their undergraduate studies.
● Portfolio: Applicants should submit a portfolio that presents their visual and written work
and highlights their interests, skills and inclinations. The portfolio should be A4 or A3 format
and have a maximum digital file size of 10 MB.
● Letter of Intent: Applicants must write a one-page letter of intent (approximately 1500
words) explaining their reasons for applying to the program, their expectations, their
interests in relation to the program and the intended focus of their dissertation project.
● Letters of Reference: Applicants should submit two letters of reference that provide a
comprehensive assessment of the applicant's skills, character and potential for success in the
● Online Application Form: Applicants must complete the online application form, which can
be accessed via the link below. This step is necessary to officially submit the application.
* All required documents must be completed and submitted by the officially announced
application deadline. Letters of reference and portfolios should be emailed to the Program
Coordinator and the Program Administrative Assistant.
● Interview: After submitting all the required documents and completing the online
application form, candidates will be invited to an oral interview on the officially announced
Deadline application: June 12, 2023
For more information: https://mimarlikyl.bilgi.edu.tr/tr/