BİLGİ Writing Center Workshops (Spring Semester) are starting!
As BİLGİ Writing Center we are happy to anounce that WRITING, READING and GRAMMAR workshops will once more start on February 20, 2013 with 10 new CONVERSATIONAL STRATEGIES Workshops. These workshops are prepared and presented by English Preparatory Program instructors for you to improve your language skills. You can access the detailed program here. If you would like to attend you should go to ‘Reservation System’ under your “Student Pages”.
IMPORTANT: You can sign up for more than one workshop; however, if you do so and do not attend more than twice, you will not be able to attend any other workshops throughout the term.
Besides, BWC, located in Kuştepe Campus Room 339, is open Monday- Friday from 09.00 to 17.00. It is the place where you can get guidance through face-to-face tutorials at any stage of your writing process. Our trained peer-tutors and Writing Center coordinator herself help you discover and work on your specific individual need while writing essays, research papers or academic assignments. In order to study at BWC you can either e-mail us for an appointment or drop by whenever you need.
Some of the Workshops:
• WRITING: Ways to make writing more interesting and lively: From Simple to Complex Sentences
• SPEAKING: Proposing Solutions and Persuading others in a discussion (NEW!)
• VOCABULARY: Strategies to improve your vocabulary
• READING: Understanding the “secret” meaning in a text: Inferencing
• GRAMMAR: Writing sentences with Relative Clauses
BİLGİ WRITING CENTER: Kuştepe Campus, 339