BİLGİ International Student Photo Contest 2019
“Capturing the Miracles of Turkey”
The International Student Advising Office is proud to announce the annual International Student Photo Contest for BİLGİ international students.
You may ask yourself, what does this mean? We would like to see Turkey from your perspectives and own experiences.
Have you seen the wonders of Cappadocia or the white blanketed salt flats of Pamukkale? Have you climbed to the heights of Mount Ağrı or dived to depths of the Mediterranean Sea?
The sky is the limit!
Show us what miracles you have uncovered across Turkey and send them to us!
We encourage all international students to display their creativity by submitting unique photographs of Turkey.
Join the BİLGİ International Student Photo Contest and by doing so, you can win prizes and share your photos with your friends in İstanbul Bilgi University.
The contest is open to all BİLGİ International Students, so even if you are not a very confident photographer, why not submit an entry or two, even three?
The top 3 photographers will be rewarded! The prizes shall remain a surprise for now, but we guarantee you that they will be worth participating in the contest for.
There will be a selection of the best 25 photos, which will be showcased in the BİLGİ International Student Photo Exhibition. Some of these photos will also be included in the 2020 BİLGİ desk calendar. High-tech photos are highly welcome, but you do not have to be a professional photographer!
Deadline: Friday, 5th of April, 2019 (4 PM)
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact
How to Participate:
You can submit up to three photographs by emailing them before the deadline (Friday, 5th of April, 2019 (4 PM), using the instructions below:
- Entrants must fill out an official so that the photograph can be further used in future BİLGİ publications and other promotion purposes.
- Email the forms together with your photograph(s) as .jpeg or .jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org with “International Photo Contest” in the subject line. You can send your high resolution photos through www.wetransfer.com (receiver at www.wetransfer.com must be email@example.com). Doing so, participants must send us completed submission form and signed release by the e-mail as well (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide a caption, where the photo was taken (district, mahalle,...), and feel very welcome to share the story behind your picture with us (maximum 1000 characters) for each photograph you submit. All information shall be included in the body of the email. The caption shall be also put as the title of the document.
- Remember: Be creative – originality counts!
If you want to learn more about the technical perspective of photography, please visit this.
- Photo files must be the original file in the highest resolution and file size that you can provide.
- Files must be in .jpg, .png or .jpeg format, and must be at least 2500 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2500 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Entries must have minimal to no editing.
- You may, however crop, correct color, etc. as long as modifying is not too extreme.
- Photos also may be in color or black and white, as the author prefers.
- Photographs must have been taken within one year before the date of entry.
Terms and Conditions
- One student may submit up to three photographs.
- By submitting your entries to the International Student Advising Office through International Student Photo Contest, you are allowing İstanbul Bilgi University to use your photographs in any future publicity and marketing material for International Student Advising Office, as well as on the Facebook or Instagram page.
- The submitted photos must be student's own work, the copyrights for the photo should thus belong to the authors.
- If, for any reason, the Photo Contest will not be possible to run as planned: due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of International Student Advising Office that would corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Photo Contest, BİLGİ reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.
- Participants must sign the testimonial release agreement that is attached to the e-mail. International Student Advising Office undertakes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure.
- WARNING: The photos that are participated in the contest will not be sent back. All participants are regarded as they have accepted all of the conditions stated above.
Deciding the Winners and Prize Claim
A committee of BİLGİ staff members will serve as the jury.
Winners will be announced in the International Student Advising Office web page and by email. Winners will receive the prizes at the BİLGİ International Student Photo Exhibition in May.