2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR ERASMUS+ STUDY MOBILITY CALL
PLEASE CLICK TO SEE THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR ERASMUS STUDY MOBILITY PROCESS CALENDAR.
PLEASE CLICK TO SEE THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR ERASMUS STUDY MOBILITY GRANT EXPLANATIONS.
- Applications will be done through the online system between January 23rd, 2020 – February 7th, 2020.
- Students should apply within this application call for participating the mobility Fall Semester, Spring Semester or Full Academic Year during 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- Please check the process calendar located on our website regarding dates of application, English exam, objection etc.
- In order to be able to apply, please read carefully all the information on this guideline.
- Must be a full time registered student at one of the degree programs in BİLGİ in any level of education (Undergraduate /Masters /PHD)
- For undergraduate students, successful completion of the first semester of the degree program at Bilgi (With this new regulation, freshmen – 1st year students can apply to Erasmus+ Study Mobility.)
- For undergraduate students minimum CGPA of 2.20/4.00
- For graduate and PhD students minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00
- Having sufficient remaining ECTS load for the semester/academic year of the mobility and transferring those credits that are obtained at the partner university upon completion of the mobility.
- 30 ECTS for a semester, 60 ECTS for full academic year
- For masters degree students, minimum credits load is 20 ECTS
- Within the same education level (undergraduate, graduate, PhD) the duration of mobility should not be more than 12 months in total.
- Foreign Language Exam: min 70/100
- Double Major students can only apply for one of their majors for this academic year’s call.
- Students who have failed courses from previous years can apply for Erasmus Exchange Programs for Studies. However, they must take into consideration the rules and regulations of their own faculty/major which may be an obstacle for their participation to the program.
- Limits of credit transferring is declared via 2nd article of 3rd clause of regulation named as “İstanbul Bilgi Üniversitesi Ön lisans ve Lisans Düzeyindeki Yaz Okulunun Yürütülmesine ve Başka Yüksek Öğretim Kurumlarından Ders Alınmasına Dair Yönerge” Please click for the article: https://www.bilgi.edu.tr/media/uploads/2018/07/30/yaz-okulu-yonergesi.pdf
According to this article, students can transfer the completed credits outside of Bilgi up to 25% of total credits required for graduation from the followed study program.
IMPORTANT: Students will be contacted via their bilgiedu.net e-mail regardless given e-mail addresses in Erasmus application. Students are obliged to check their student e-mail address (which is used to log in SIS system).
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION FOR MASTERS DEGREE STUDENTS
- Master degree students with project can participate in the Erasmus+ Mobility in their 2nd semester. Master degree students with project are not able to participate in the Erasmus+ Mobility in their project semester, which is the last semester of program. Master students with thesis can only participate in the mobility during their 2nd or 3rd semester during their course period.
- Master students with thesis, who are in thesis writing period can participate in the mobility for their master studies except who are in their final semester of thesis studies (Thesis II Term) cannot participate in the Erasmus+ Mobility. Students who will participate in the mobility during thesis study period have to register to the Thesis Course in accordance with course registration period before their departure. Students are supposed to attempt 30 ECTS (Minimum 20 ECTS) per exchange semester.
- Since newly registered master degree students will not have GPA at BİLGİ, they have to apply to the exchange at Erasmus Offfice (santralistanbul Campus) by coming to the office individually. For applying in the office, students have to make an appointment beforehand. For appointment please contact email@example.com Applications without appointment will not be proceeded.
- For Graduate and PhD level students that are applying at their first semester and whose transcript and CGPA has not yet been established, application will be done via their graduation score of the previous higher education level.
EXPLANATIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. Foreign Language Score
Students that would like to benefit from the mobility should obtain a score of minimum 70/100 from the language exam. Students are expected to choose from the options below in order to present their required language score:
• Taking the BILET English Exam which will be held by BİLGİ
- Students who would like to take the exam have to register to the exam via filling in the Google form provided: https://forms.gle/VVw3pzXrZikHjffY8
- Only those students that indicate their participation to the exam through the online application platform and complete their application process until January 9th, 2020 12:00 will participate. (THE DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATING TO THE EXAM IS NOW OVER. STUDENTS MUST USE OTHER SPECIFIED LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY DOCUMENTS TO APPLY TO THE ERASMUS+ STUDY MOBILITY UNTIL FEBRUARY 7TH.)
- The location, date, and list of participant students of the exam will be announced on the website of the Erasmus Office. CLICK TO SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE EXAM: https://www.bilgi.edu.tr/en/news/9560/2019-2020-erasmus-study-mobility-english-exam-time-and-places-have-been-announced/
- CLICK TO SEE THE RESULTS OF THE EXAM WHICH WAS ON JANUARY 16TH, 2020. https://www.bilgi.edu.tr/en/news/9587/2019-2020-erasmus-internship-mobility-and-2020-2021-erasmus-study-mobility-english-exam-results/
- Students are obliged to be present with their student identity card at the notified date, location and time of the exam.
- Minimum score to be obtained from the exam is 70/100. Applications of candidates with scores below will be rejected.
- Exam scores and objection dates will be announced on the date indicated at the process calendar on the Erasmus Office website. A student who had chosen to participate in the exam during their online application may not change their option afterwards. Upon not participation to the exam, “-5 points” will be applied to their overall Erasmus score for the next Erasmus application.
• Those that will not take the BILET English exam, have to submit one of the accepted exams. Accepted exams and minimum scores are listed below:
- Erasmus+ Language Score obtained last two years: minimum 70/100
- YDS, e-YDS, YÖKDİL obtained last five years: minimum 70/100
- BILET 2 /BILET 3 / LEVEL 5 AT: minimum 70/100 (Exam score will be taken into consideration, overall score is not valid for application.)
- IELTS score obtained last two years: minimum 6 upon 9
- TOEFL-IBT score obtained last two years: minimum 84
- Students have to specify which exam out of the ones listed above they want to use in their application and their score on the related space in their online application platform.
- A student that uses a valid language exam score may not change their score with another one after their application, and may not take the BILET English Exam on January 16th.
- For the languages except English, students should submit a language on B2 level from the exams, which are accepted by ÖSYM. Please click for accepted German, Italian, French, Spanish language exams: https://dokuman.osym.gov.tr/pd...
Application Link: era.bilgi.edu.tr
- Application Dates: 23rd January 2020 09:00 – 7th February 2020 17:00
- To see the application steps, please check visual online application video by clicking here.
- To log-in to the online system, you have to use the credentials of your bilgiedu.net e-mail address and password.
- If you have completed the pre-application step before, you can directly log in to the system using your bilgiedu.net e-mail address and password.
- In order for the application to be validated, it has to be terminated by clicking the “Finish application process” button. Applications not finalized will be considered invalid.
- List of students who completed their application thoroughly, should bring the required documents before the deadline to the Erasmus office and notified that is willing to attempt the BILET English Exam will be announced separately.
- Students whose applications are not accepted due to any reason will be further informed by e-mail.
After the Online Application
In order to complete your application, you should submit the documents mentioned below to the Erasmus Office after completing your online application, no later than 7th February 2020, 17:00. Otherwise, the application will not be valid.
Original Documents To Be Delivered To Erasmus Office
- Online Application Form (should be signed by the student and have to be delivered to the Erasmus Office)
- Official transcript of the previous higher education level for graduate and PhD students applying at their first semester and whose BİLGİ transcript and CGPA had not yet been established.
Documents To Be Uploaded On The Online Application
- A copy of Student Profile which shows the current CGPA (can be obtained from the SIS page and should be uploaded to the ERA online application system). Please CLICK for sample Student Profile
- A copy of Course Status which shows courses left to complete before graduation (can be obtained from the SIS page and should be uploaded to the ERA online application system). Please CLICK for sample COURSE STATUS.
- Copy of score report of a valid language proficiency exam outside of BILET English Exam (should be uploaded to the ERA online application system.)
According to the evaluation criteria below, Erasmus Office will list the students according to their success ranking and publish the list on their website, and accept the objections to it, at the relevant date indicated in the calendar.
Please Click for 2020-2021 Agreement List
IMPORTANT: The university preferences made on the online system are your final decisions and cannot be changed once you submit and print out your application.
Please note that only fully completed applications before the deadline will be evaluated.
The final placements will be announced on the website.
UNIVERSITY PREFERENCES AND PLACEMENTS
University placements will be done automatically according to the ranking of students who fulfil application requirements successfully and on time, and according to their university preferences indicated within their online application system. Placement list will be published on Erasmus Office website.
A partner university may have another instruction language than English and request additional language certificates from the students. Students are expected to research the information regarding the language of teaching of the universities that they want to prefer.
The subjects in which two institutions have agreement on may not be completely the same. However, it’s in students’ responsibility to search and find a program in one of the partner universities in which the student will find ECTS credits that can be transferred here. That’s why students should check the partner universities' courses and program from their official webpages and consult to their Erasmus Department Coordinators here at BİLGİ about their university selections. Check for Departmental Erasmus Coordinators list:
It is the students’ responsibility to check application requirements and conditions, course catalogues, campus life of a partner university. Please bear in mind that students who do not fulfil successfully these requirements may not be accepted.