Important announcement about distance education process
Dear BİLGİ students,
As you know, the education in our University is maintained via distance education tools throughout the Spring Term of 2019-2020 Academic Year, in line with the decision by Council of Higher Education.
Throughout this process, aiming to ensure your education continues in the best way, we took the following decisions:
- Unless it is required to decide otherwise, applied courses will be offered in a condensed schedule between May 8 - June 2, 2020.
- Academic calendars of undergraduate, associate degree and graduate programs have been revised during distance education process. You can find here revised academic calendars.
Assessment and Evaluation
- Instead of physical exams to identify your year-end success grade, your instructors can make exams online or use assessment methods adaptable with distance education process such as take-home assignment, report writing, data analysis or presentation.
- The measurement method which will be used for each course will be announced on BİLGİ Learn system.
- It is highly important to follow up your instructors’ notifications on BİLGİ Learn regarding exam dates and time.
- Unless otherwise announced by your instructors, midterm exams will be held between April 13 – May 4, 2020 and your courses will continue during this period to prevent any delay in the academic calendar.
- Thesis and project submission deadline is defined as May 29, 2020 as per the revised academic calendar.
- Students who will defend their thesis after correction during April-May 2020 period can submit their thesis until May 29, 2020.
If conditions arising from Coronavirus continues, thesis and project defenses will be recorded and carried out in digital environment through BİLGİ Learn system.
You can follow up the latest announcements on our website and social media accounts. You can discuss the potential exceptions specific to your courses in detail with your instructors.
İstanbul Bilgi University