Internationality is one of the most important aspects of İstanbul Bilgi University. The motto of our university is ‘Learning not for school but for life.’ Learning takes place not only within the walls of the university but also beyond its borders. The fundamental principles that BİLGİ cherishes consist of 14 core principles and 7 of them emphasize or are connected to internationality.
- BİLGİ believes in the importance of pluralism, diversity, and critical thinking in both university and social life.
- BİLGİ instills in students at every level academic and professional knowledge and skills for coping with the complex problems of today’s world that are both grounded in tradition and aim at innovation.
- BİLGİ is an international institution in every sense of the word, taking as its reference point for all programs competencies that meet international standards of quality as well as principles and practices of accreditation.
- BİLGİ attaches importance to raising students and alumni who are sensitive to the problems of society and the world and who assume responsibility.
- BİLGİ develops life-long educational programs in accordance with its belief that access to means of self-improvement is a basic right for individuals at any age.
- BİLGİ aims to operate and provide service at both national and international levels.
- BİLGİ is a student-centered institution in all of its teaching and learning endeavors. BİLGİ ensures that its students actively participate in their learning and educational process and become individuals capable of conducting research, questioning, and integrating knowledge.
Within 20 years, BİLGİ has become one of the leading international universities in Turkey. We have nearly 2000 international students from over 90 countries around the world. We also provide our students various educational program opportunities abroad. BİLGİ has partner agreements with more than 250 institutions in 43 countries with Erasmus+ and Bilateral Exchange Programs.