Job interviews are conducted by employers to meet with candidates who applied for an available position. Each organization has their own way of conducting job interviews in which they expect different requirements from the candidates.
The interviews may be conducted one on one or as a group. Interviewer may be a human resources professional, a department manager or both.
Each job interview is a unique experience. If you feel more anxious rather than excited about yours, make an appointment with a talent and career development advisor.
Here are some general tips to review:
- Conduct a search about the institution with which you will make a job interview and collect as much information as you can.
- Proofread your CV and review all the details that you have written.
- Think about your strengths and development areas, consider real life examples
- Take a copy of your CV with you and be there on time.
- If, for any reason, you will miss the interview or will be late, inform them via phone/e-mail.
- Don’t give too short or too long answers. Elaborate your answers, provide with your internship experiences and your works at school.
- Maintain eye contact, a self-confident posture, controlled mimic and gestures
- If you have questions regarding the institution and the position at the end of the interview, you just can ask them.
Click here for most common job interview questions.
BİLGİTalent to make an appointment for a mock interview and further questions.