What Are the Responsibilities of Mentor and Mentee?
While receiving mentorship, in addition to clarifying your goals, you need to know both your and your mentor’s responsibilities in this program. Since this is a mutual relationship, you are both responsible for your own actions. Otherwise, neither party can benefit from this relationship. Being responsible in any relationship requires one to adhere to the accepted common rules of courtesy as are stated below:
- Being thoughtful
- Returning phone calls, messages, and e-mails on time
- Arranging the time of the next meeting in every meeting that takes place
- Informing the other party about participation to the planned meetings
- Providing information if your address, e-mail or phone number changes
- Communicating on a regular basis
- Being accountable for the responsibilities that have been agreed upon.