English Preparatory Program Abroad
Istanbul Bilgi University English Preparatory Program students have an opportunity to complete their education abroad at 25 different university campuses that we have an agreement with in 17 states of the USA. The students can study abroad for the entire program or for a portion of it.
Who can attend?
New students, irregular students (who have graduated from English preparatory program in fall semester) and faculty students (whose departmental studies are in Turkish) can attend this program.
Terms of Attendance
Students should attend at least a 7-week program.
Students are not expected to be at a certain language level.
It is compulsory for students to take the placement test of the university they want to attend. The placement test can be taken online in Turkey or at the university campus upon arrival depending on the demand.
The application should be made 30 or 45 days before the starting date of the program.
Living expenses and housing prices are not included in the tuition fees.
Completion of some part of or whole English preparatory program abroad will provide our students with the benefits below.
- Having English preparatory program in a country where English is the mother tongue will give our students a great opportunity to use the language outside of the classroom in daily life. The activities organized by university clubs will create additional environments to use English actively.
- Getting to know new cultures via friendships with the students coming from different countries and obtaining new perspectives will be an asset.
- Study abroad experience at the beginning of university education will enable students to acquire a global vision and sustain this in undergraduate programs and at further levels.
- Gaining skills such as presentation, critical thinking, speaking in front of a group of people and academic research will be quite useful in their educational life.
- Living abroad at an early age will bring the students a strong sense of responsibility.
University of Pennsylvania UPENN (Philadelphia, PA)
University of California Irvine (Irvine, CA)
Hofstra University (Hofstra NY)
College of Mount Saint Vincent (Riverdale NY)
Dominican University (Chicago, IL)
Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI)
Concordia University (Portland, OR)
Barry University (Miami, FL)
Dominican University of California (SF North Bay, CA)
Santa Rosa College (Santa Rosa, CA)
Coastal Carolina University (Myrtle Beach, SC)
Florida Ins. of Technology (Melbourne, FL)
Eckerd College (St. Petersburg, FL)
Hawaii Pacific University (Hawaii, HI)
Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA)
California Lutheran University (Thousand Oaks, CA)
Fairleigh Dickinson University (Teaneck, NJ)
Middle Tennessee State University (Nashville, TN)
Oklahoma City University (Oklahoma City, OK)
West Chester University (Philadelphia-West Chester)
University of Missouri - St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH)
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (Fort Wayne, IN)
Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA)
Fall 2018 Starting Dates
Oct 8 - Oct 15
Nov 5 - Nov 12
Dec 3 - Dec 10
Jan 1 – Jan 8
Starting dates will depend on the institution. Further information will be delivered upon request.
Terms of Completion
Level 5 should be completed to be able to complete Bilgi University English Preparatory Program.
Here are the equivalences of related universities:
University of Pennsylvania - Level 500
University of California Irvine - Level 4
ELS - Levels 106 - 107
For Further Information
0 212 311 73 39