3rd INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PHOTO CONTEST '' İSTANBUL THROUGH THE EYES OF BİLGİ INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS'' - 2018
İSTANBUL THROUGH THE EYES OF BİLGİ INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Photo Contest and Exhibition 2018
"A world of Art Sultanahmet", Rama Abdul Khalek, Syria
The International Center is proud to announce the annual International Student Photo Contest for BİLGİ international students. The photo contest is titled
“İstanbul Through the Eyes of BİLGİ International Students ’’
You may ask yourself, what does this mean? We would like to see İstanbul from your perspectives
and own experiences.
What does İstanbul mean to you?
Is it the culture, the music, the people, the night life, the Bosphorus, historical and hidden places,
natural treasures, the narrow streets, neighborhood, Turkish food, the water pipes, tavla, street
animals, the çay…..and so on?
What thrills you?
Depict them in your photos and send it to us!
We encourage all international students to display their creativity by submitting unique photographs
This is an opportunity for you to share your perspective on how you view Istanbul. We want to see
what your life here is like. Join the BİLGİ International Student Photo Contest and by doing so, you
can win prizes and share your photos with your friends in Bilgi University.
The contest is open to all BİLGİ International Students, so even if you are not a very confident
photographer, why not submit an entry or two, even three? We would like to see İSTANBUL through
your eyes – the eyes of BİLGİ International Students.
There will be prizes!
The first 3 best photographers will be rewarded! ☺ The prizes shall remain a surprise for now, but we
guarantee you that they will be worth participating in the contest for. So, take it as an opportunity to
experience the city environment through a different point of view.
There will be a selection of the best 25 photos (this number might be changed depends on the quality
of the photos), which will be showcased in the BİLGİ International Student Photo Exhibition! Some
of these photos will also be included in the 2019 BILGI desk calendar. High tech photos are highly
welcomed, but you do not have to be a professional photographer! Amateurs in photography are
Terms and Conditions
▪ One student may submit up to three photographs.
▪ By submitting your entries to the International Center through International Student Photo
Contest, you are allowing İstanbul Bilgi University to use your photographs in any future
publicity and marketing material for International Center, as well as on the BİLGİ Facebook
page or group.
▪ The submitted photos must be student's own work , the copyrights for the photo should thus
belong to the authors.
▪ If, for any reason, the Photo Contest will not be possible to run as planned: due to infection
by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control
of Bilgi International Center (IC) that would corrupt or affect the administration, security,
fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Photo Contest, Bilgi IC reserves the right, at its
sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to
cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.
▪ Participants must sign the testimonial release agreement that is attached to the e-mail.
BİLGİ IC undertakes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect,
or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure.
▪ WARNING: The photos that are participated in the contest will not be sent back. All
participants are regarded as they have accepted all of the conditions stated above.
How to Participate
You can submit up to three photographs by emailing them before the deadline (Monday 2 nd of April,
2018 ( 4 pm ) , using the instructions below:
1. Entrants must fill out an official entry form and sign a release so that the photograph can be
further used in future Bilgi publications and other promotion purposes.
2. Submission procedure : complete the submission form, sign the release on the attached file and
email those forms together with your photograph(s) as .jpeg or .jpg files to email@example.com with “International Photo Contest” in the subject line. You can send your high resolution photos through www.wetransfer.com (receiver at www.wetransfer.com
must be firstname.lastname@example.org ). Doing so, participants must send us completed submission
form and signed release by the e-mail as well ( email@example.com ).
3. Provide a caption, where the photo was taken (district, mahalle,...) , and feel very welcome to
share the story behind your picture with us (maximum 1000 characters) for each photograph
you submit. All information shall be included in the body of the email. The caption shall be also
put as the title of the document.
4. Remember: Be creative – originality counts!
If you want to learn more about the technical perspective of photography, For Outdoor Photography
Tips, please visit the link https://www.outdoorphotographyguide.com/
1. Photo files must be the original file in the highest resolution and file size that you can provide.
2. Files must be in .jpg or .jpeg format, and must be at least 2500 pixels wide (if a horizontal image)
or 2500 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
3. Entries must have minimal to no editing .
4. You may, however crop, correct color, add color filter, etc… As long as modifying is not too
5. Photos also may be in color or black and white, as the author prefers.
6. Photographs must have been taken within six (6) months before the date of entry.
When submitting a photo, you will be required to sign a release so that it can be used in future
International Office publications and promotions.
Monday 2 nd of April, 2018 ( 4 pm ).
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact advising.bilgi@ gmail.com
Deciding the Winners and Prize Claim
A committee of International Center staff members will serve as the jury.
Winners will be announced in the International Center’s web page and by an email message. Winners will receive the prizes at the BİLGİ International Student Photo Exhibition in May.