Scientific Research Fund Guide
- In order to benefit from the Scientific Research Fund, the applicants as a project executive must be a full-time “faculty member” or “lecturer”. It is not possible for research assistants or students to apply as project executive; however, as per the Subparagraph 2 of Article 5 in the Scientific Research Projects Directive, students enrolled in the graduate programs of the University can apply for support if there is a budget allocated for the purpose of supporting their thesis based on a research project. Applications of this nature are made under the supervision of the appointed thesis advisor. The application and evaluation of such projects are carried out according to the principles determined by the BAP Commission.
- The application form and the documents required in the application must be submitted in full to the Projects Office by the deadline announced by the rectorate.
- In the evaluation of BAP applications, priority is given to projects that have not received support before.
- The faculty member who is a “researcher” in a BAP project can simultaneously take part in another BAP project only as an “executive”.
- “Researchers” in a BAP project can simultaneously take part in one more project (2 projects in total) as “researcher”.
- The application number is given by the Projects Office.
- Istanbul Bilgi University Directive on Scientific Research Projects can be found here.
Budget and Payments
- In budget requests, price including VAT for domestic purchases; price including all costs for foreign purchases (customs fee, taxes, shipping) should be written. When calculating the TL equivalent of pro forma invoices received in foreign currency, effective sales rate of Central Bank of Turkey should be taken as a base and this definitely should be stated in the proposal.
- For those who will work for BAP projects, the payments must be calculated over the gross wage, including the cost of the employer.
- The project executive or the researchers will not receive any promotion bonus or payment within the scope of the project.
- For those who are expected to work in BAP projects for a fee, the daily wage for 2020 is determined as gross 175 TL (Net 105 TL), including employer costs. The calculations are made over 20 days per month (month x 20 days x 175TL) for the research assistants who are expected to work full-time; and for the research assistants who are expected to work part-time, over 20 days per day (month X 175TL) for the months they are expected to work.
- It is possible to make relocations between the budget items. Budget relocations up to 20% of the total budget are under the responsibility of the project executive, while relocations over 20% can be realized with the approval of the BAP Commission.
- The related articles of “Istanbul Bilgi University Principals on Travel Expenses” are valid for travel and accommodation expenditures to be incurred within the scope of the projects.
- Data collection, input and analysis work should be done by the project team as much as possible.
- Research or service supports from outside the institution can only be provided with a service agreement.
- The travel requests that are needed while conducting the research, which may directly contribute to the research, are met. However, travel costs, such as conference attendance for the purpose of publishing research results, are not supported.
- Co-fund or infrastructure building expenses of research projects that will be carried out with external resources can be financed.
- Computer purchases can be financed for computation-intensive research projects, upon justification. Apart from this, there is no support for the computer purchases and current resources of the university should be used.
- In the applications that need to receive report in accordance with the Ethics Board Directive, and in the researches where live subjects will be used, Ethics Board report must be received.
- Project assessments are carried out by the internal and/or external evaluators of University who will be selected by the BAP Commission and are concluded by the Commission.
- BAP project calls and applications can be made twice a year (February and September).
- For projects lasting 6 months and shorter, only a final report is required; for projects lasting longer than 6 months, an interim report and a final report are requested. You can find the forms of interim report and the results report here.
- The interim/final reports of projects that have not been executed in accordance with the budget execution procedures are evaluated by the BAP Commission and reported to the Rectorate.
- Requests for any extension of time and changes in budget items are submitted in writing to the Projects Office and decided by the BAP Commission.