Preparing for İstanbul
Within one month of your arrival, you have to complete your online application for residence permit to continue your stay in Turkey after your visa period.
- Follow the guide below to carry out your online residence permit application.
- Online Application must be made, in any case, before the expiration of the visa.
- You should not make your online residence permit application before being physically here in Istanbul. According to the laws, you can only make this application after you cross the Turkish border.
- You will submit all of your documents to the Bilateral Agreements Office regardless of your appointment date .
* If you have a Turkish nationality (TC Kimlik) or Mavi Kart, you do not need a residence permit.
DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
A printout of your online application form
Four Passport size photos (photo must be taken within the last 6-months (frontal, clear face, in a way that the foreigner can be recognized easily) with a white background and as biometric).
Photocopy of passport pages (the page with your photo, the page where validity and expiry dates are written, and the page with the last entry stamp)
110 Turkish Lira fee receipt (You can pay online here - for "Başvuru Numarası" you can put the "Accrue No." which can be found on your online application form. If this does not work, you will need to do the payment at Hisar Tax Office or any Ziraat Bank after getting a tax number from this link .)
Student Certificate in Turkish (should be recent)
Health Insurance Policy in Turkish (should be valid for one year minimum)
E-visa printout (for students who have e-visa