The application calls differentiate every year according to the academic calendar. After the start of the academic year, you can check our website periodically to see the dates regarding the application process or you can always come and visit us at the Bilateral Agreements Office for more information. 

As soon as you hear that the Bilateral Agreements Office has opened the application calls, you can complete your application through our ERA portal. 

You can choose five of our partner universities according to the department in which you are frequenting your studies while applying through ERA portal. We want you to keep in mind that when applying for Bilateral Exchange Programs, you have the right to choose 5 options for each department.  

Yes, you can benefit from Bilateral Exchange and Swiss Mobility programs within the scope of Bilateral Agreements Programs. However, the credits that you can collect and transfer from an institution other than BILGI cannot exceed 60 (ETCS).

Yes, you can go on exchange with either of your major department's agreements. But keep in mind that you cannot go on exchange using the agreements that cover your minor. 

The costs of accomodation, living expenses and transportation may vary depending on the country of the partner university. 

You are only responsible for delivering the tuition fees determined on your behalf by BİLGİ which means that you are exempt from the tuition fees of the partner university that you chose.

Yes, in order for you to complete all the university and visa procedures in the country of the partner university, you should have a health insurance.

You need to apply for a visa and residence permit individually. If necessary, you can request documents from the partner university and BİLGİ to support your application.

The host university does not have to provide accommodation for international students, but they offer many accommodation options on and off-campus.

You do not have to speak the language of the host country. Most partner universities offer an English course catalog for international students. But you can always learn the native language of the country during the exchange period.

Your host university will share on their website or through email with their international students the list of English courses that you can take. After you have thorougly checked the list, in consultation with your Department Exchange Coordinator you can decide on which courses do you need to take. 

If your language course has credit description, you can transfer it as a full list elective course. However, we would like to remind you that it may vary according to the department you are studying in.

You can change courses during the process of adding / dropping courses at the host university. You need to get the Department Exchange Coordinator to approve your course changes. Just fill in the During Mobility form and submit your signed form to our office.

Your grades will be reflected in your transcript, which will affect your average grade accordingly. 

Yes, you can. However, you should contact our office and check if there are any available quotas regarding the university of your choice.

Depending on the faculty department you are studying in, the exchange course schedule may vary. First of all, we advise that you consult with your academic advisor about the exchange that you wish to participate in, so that they can advise you during which academic year, in which country and for how long should you go according to what is more appropriate for your educational process. After you have determined the partner university you want to go to, you can proceed chosing the courses you want to take in consultation with the Department Exchange Coordinator and if you have successfully completed the courses you have taken, you will not have any problems with your graduation. In summary, what you need to do is plan your participation in the exchange program step by step.

At the end of the exchange period, it is enough that you submit the transcript you will receive from the partner university and the Credit Transfer Form approved by the Department Exchange Coordinator to the Faculty Secretariat.

Erasmus+ Student Exchange programs take place at partner universities in EU member states. Erasmus+ students can receive a grant to cover some of their expenses during the exchange. The grant is determined accordingly the annual budget that our university receives from the Turkish National Agency. Not all students are entitled to receiving a grant. Bilateral Exchange programs on the other hand, cover partner universities in North America and elsewhere in the world. During a Bilateral Exchange program, you are required to cover all living expenses except for university fees. Within the scope of the Bilateral Exchange Programs, there is the possibility of receiving grants only for Swiss Mobility programs provided by the Swiss Government.